How to Remove Gum from the Carpet and Upholstery?
We can imagine your reaction on seeing a sticky gum on your carpet. But do not worry and stop looking for scissors to remove that as here we are presenting easier ways to get rid of gum on carpet and upholstery.
How to remove gum from carpet and upholstery?
Sooner you act in removing the sticky gum from carpet better the results will be. Follow the instructions:
Method 1 to remove gum from carpet – Freezing the Gum Off
- Take few ice cubes in a zip lock bag. Apply this icy pack on gum to harden it for easy removal.
- Take a scrapping tool or butter knife or metal spatula to scrap the gum.
- Use vacuum to get rid of loose gum particle, if any.
- Take warm soapy water and sponge. Clean the area. Do not rub it.
- Take a clean white towel to cover the area and continue patting to dry it further.
Method 2 to remove gum from carpet using Hot Air
- Take your hair dryer and aim hot air on gum to soften it. But be careful not to harm your carpet fiber.
- Take a plastic bag and scrap the gum from carpet.
- Continue till the gum is completely removed.
Method 3 to remove gum from carpet with Oils
Ensure that you are using right oil to remove gum as the oil may damage the carpet further by discoloring it. Stickiness of gum is reduced with oil and then it becomes easier to remove it from carpet. You can use the below mentioned oils to get rid of gum.
- Olive oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Apply oil on white cloth. You may harm the carpet by applying oil directly over the gum.
- Apply it on the gum wad.
- Take butter knife and gently scrap the gum of the carpet. Move it in the same direction
- Wipe off the gum from knife each time.
- Once the gum has been completely removed, take warm soap water and clean the area.
- Put white towel and pat dry the area.
Still not satisfied with the result, call Induct Clean and take our services of carpet cleaning. Know more
Additional Information on Carpet Cleaning
- 4 Common Carpet Stains and how to remove them
- The perks of South Jersey Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Why do you need professional carpet cleaning?
- Common Carpet Cleaning Problems and Solutions
- How to Remove Chocolate Stains from the Carpet?
- How to Remove Red Wine Stains from the Carpet?
- How to Remove Candy Stains from the Carpet?
- How to Remove Sketch Pen Stains from the Carpet?
- How to Remove Coffee Stains from the Carpet?
- How to Remove Gum Stains from the Carpet?
- Do you know harmful Bacteria and Allergens may lurk in your carpet? – Time for Carpet Cleaning Carpet