Residential Dryer Vent Cleaning
According to a report issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Over 15,000 clothes dryer fires occur each year. These dryer fires result in approximately 20 deaths, 370 injuries and over $75 million in property damage annually.
- The high-limit thermostat may prematurely fail when subjected to high ambient temperatures.
- After a significant build up of debris in the dryer vent hose, the dryer overheats and the lint catches fire. Combustibles in the immediate vicinity then help fuel the fire.
And as per the U.S. Fire Administration
- The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 percent).
- More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Hence, now you know that in most of the homes there is a hidden danger in the form of clogged and dirty clothe dryer vents. Over the time, these dryer vents get filled with lint & dust which slip past your dryer’s filter causing dryer to overheat. Then you’re just a step away from a fire. Sound unlikely? It is advisable to get the residential dryer vent cleaned once in every year by professional dryer vent cleaners.
Team at Induct Clean is highly trained in doing the cleaning task and insures that the dryer vent and exhaust at your home are thoroughly cleaned, up to the code and fully operational.
Induct Clean process of Residential Dryer Vent Cleaning
Your residential dryer vent system is made up of a series of four foot sections of solid duct, connected by the use of seams. Lint catches onto these seams and accumulates. Over the years Induct has utilized a number of methods to deal with this problem. We have decided that using High Pressure Air is the most effective method of residential dryer vent cleaning for insuring that we remove the lint from the seams. The brush system, which is most commonly used by our competitors tends to compact the lint into those seams.
In most cases, we clean the dryer vent system from the outside, not from the inside. High Pressure air pulls the lint out of the vents and out of the seams better than any other method.
How often to clean the residential dryer vent?
It is better to clean residential dryer vents each year to prevent the chances of fire as dryer fires are one of the leading causes of household fires in the United States.
Do I need to hire professional residential dryer vent cleaners?
Though you can clean the dryer vent on your own but when the lint gets past the lint trap and gets accumulated in the dryer vent it goes beyond your reach. A clogged dryer vent may cause the dryer to overheat. Taking professional services to clean dryer vent is thus mandatory.
What are the warning signs that my dryer vent is clogged?
- Heavy clothes such as jeans, towels etc taking longer time to dry
- Clothes are hotter than normal at the end of drying cycle
- Clothes dryer is hot from outside
- Dryer stops to work before the completion of the cycle.
- Vent hood flap remains closed even when the dryer is on
Call us in case any of the above is happening. We will check your dryer vent and recommend
the next best residential dryer vent cleaning action.