Mold is the silent enemy of countless home and businesses. It can increase allergies, cause awful side effects, and turn a pristine property into a health hazard. Mold prevention should be on the top of any home or business owner’s list, but what about when mold gets into the air ducts? Air ducts circulate both warm and cool air throughout your residence all year long. This means that any mold spores in your air ducts are also being circulated throughout your home. What causes mold in air ducts? How can it be prevented? Can you get rid of the mold once it is present? Read on to learn more from Induct Clean.
What Causes Mold in Air Ducts?
Mold thrives in moisture-rich environments, and air ducts are a prime location for condensation and moisture to accumulate due to the alternating changes in air temperature within the ducts themselves.
Indications that there may be mold in your air ducts:
- Irritated eyes, nose, or throat that may become worse when the air conditioning is on
- Nausea, dizziness, or fatigue that is worse when at home
- A headache that happens while in the home but disappears when you leave
- A foul smell coming from your vents
Any of these symptoms or signs can point to the presence of mold in your air ducts.
Preventing Mold in Air Ducts
Now that we have covered what causes mold in air ducts, let’s talk about how to prevent it.
There are many steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of mold, such as:
- Installing a HEPA filter in your ducts to clean the air
- Invest in annual professional maintenance to keep ducts clean and dry
- Using a vacuum with a HEPA filter to lower the amount of dust in the home
- Investing in a dehumidifier if you live in a naturally humid climate
All of these steps will greatly reduce the occurrence of mold in your air ducts and may even eliminate it completely.
Induct Clean Will Keep Your Home Clean and Safe
It is important to have a professional clean your ducts annually to prevent air pollution. Indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. The experts at Induct Clean are ready to help you keep your air ducts clean and free of mold.
Our truck-mounted industrial vacuum will eliminate threats present in your duct system. We will also work diligently to return all vent covers once they are cleaned and leave no trace that we were there. Call us today to schedule your maintenance!