What are the Pros and Cons of Furnace Duct Cleaning?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality is one of the top 5 environment risks to public health. Hence, you must go for furnace duct cleaning as this is one of the major sources of low quality air at home. Uncleaned furnaces blow out air full of dust, pollens, spores and other small particles which are hazardous to health. Look for these four key signs given by your furnace that need immediate action-
- Rodents or insects in vents
- Foul odor coming from the vents
- Clear signs of mold or mildew growth
- Excessive dust blowing out of supply vents
If you witness any of these at your home, then go for the furnace duct cleaning.
Wondering what to do if you do not see any of the visible sign. You must be thinking whether you need to clean your furnace ducts or wait for the signs to appear? Induct Clean can help you in taking an informed decision by inspecting your air duct and furnace. We are an Air Duct and furnace duct Cleaning company operating in Philadelphia, New Jersey and a name you can trust. You can schedule a visit and our team of professional air duct cleaners will come to your home and help you in taking decision by checking air duct and ventilation system.
Now why do we need to clean furnace ducts and what matters the most in selecting a right contractor.
Cons of Cleaning Furnace Ducts
- Dust in the Air you Breath – Do you clean and change your air filters regularly? If yes, you might not see any dust coming out of your ducts and there wont be any sign of rodents/molds or insects, clearly indicating that your might not need a duct cleaning. Clean air filters and air ducts reduces the concentration of dust, thereby keep pollen, dead skin cells, animal hair and dander at bay.
But if you do not change the air filters on time then give us a call to inspect all the parts of your air duct and furnace to check if there is any build up dust.
For more information go through our related blogs –
- What are the causes of Musty Smell in Ducts?
- Indoor Air Quality Facts
- How to Know When Your Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned?
- Hiring a Wrong Contractor – It may happen that you might end up hiring a wrong or an unprofessional cleaning contractor who instead of doing good, could result in leaky ducts. So while hiring a contractor keep the following in mind.
- Do not get trapped in a super low price offer by any cleaning company.
- While hiring a cleaning company always ask for the kind of equipment it uses.
- Check if the air duct cleaning company you are hiring is certified or not.
- Go through the list of its previous clients.
For more information go through our blog
- Know which company is right for you
- A Complete Inspection Checklist for HVAC System / Air Duct Cleaning
Furnace Duct Cleaning Pros
- Healthy Family – Though the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) still states that clean air ducts and family health is not related but furnace duct cleaning improves the indoor air quality still holds a winning position in this debate. Improved indoor air quality is especially beneficial if someone in your family is suffering from asthma or other respiratory illness.
- Clean Ducts Result in Efficient System –“ Less debris and dust in the system means less load on the heating and ventilation system. Therefore furnace duct cleaning results in more efficient system.
Which parts of the system are cleaned in professional furnace duct cleaning?
A professional air duct cleaners remove dust from the following parts of your air duct and heating system.
- The heat exchanger
- Air handler blower
- Grilles and diffusers
- The ducts that connect to the air handler
Think you need a furnace duct cleaning in Philadelphia, South Jersey or New Jersey?
We are just a call away – (609) 265-0775 | (215) 917-0220