How to Remove Milk Stains from Carpet? | Carpet Stain Removal Guide
Spilled milk not only stains the carpet, but also smells awful. Trouble increases to manifold if you do not remove milk stains from carpet and let it there for hours and days, as carpet fibers readily soak the milk. Most often, you spot the stain once it has been dried and then it is hard to get rid of the milk stain. Hence, the best way to easily remove stain is to treat it as soon as you get it.
Method 1 – How to Remove Dried Milk Stains from Carpet?
- If you are treating a dried milk stain on the carpet, use a dull knife to scrape off the milk flakes.
- Sprinkle few water drops to make the milk stain wet.
- Take a laundry detergent (bleach free), and mix it in cold water to make a soapy solution. Apply it on the stain.
- Take a clean tooth brush and use it to scrub the stain in circular motion.
- Use paper towel or tissue paper to blot the stain away.
- Repeat the process until the area is completely clean and free from stain.
- You can use deodorizing products available in market to remove spoiled milk odor.
Method 2 – How to Remove Fresh Milk Stains from Carpet?
- Take a clean cloth or paper towel to blot the milk from carpet. Put downward pressure on the towel. Repeat the process till no liquid left.
- Take one tablespoon of handwash detergent and mix it in two cups of warm water. Never use hot water as it may worsen the stain by letting it set.
- Use clean sponge, dip it in detergent solution and wring away the extra detergent. Scrub the stain and blot the area with paper towel. Repeat the process.
- Rinse the milk stained area with warm water and absorb the excess of water with paper towel.
If there is a big patch of milk stain on carpet or your kid has spilled his flavored milk then you might need a help of a professional carpet cleaning company. Some spots even result in discoloration and therefore right spot removal procedure is required to be adopted.
You might say that “not all milk spots can be removed!” But we have solutions for all your stain related problems.
Induct is a fully licensed and insured Residential Carpet Cleaning Company with over 20 years of experience. Our company and our technicians are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration, a non profit organization that establishes and monitors standards for the textile, flooring and upholstery industries.
We are just a call away!
You can also email us